Update: Applications for this position are now closed. Please check back later for future opportunities.
The Shooting Star is the home of my travel adventures, and has been ranked among India and Asia’s top travel blogs. After four years of dedicatedly running the show here and on my social networks, I’m looking at expanding my team to help me achieve several new goals. If you (or someone you know) have a passion for all things travel, writing and social media, read on:
You’ll be working closely with me to develop and implement new strategies and ideas on my blog and social networks, create useful travel resources for my readers, and launch a new project. Your role involves interesting and challenging work, including (but not limited to):
- Social media management
- Communications and pitching
- Creative research
Depending on your contribution and performance, there are likely to be interesting travel opportunities after the first 3 months. In this hands-on, results-oriented role, you’ll have the chance to learn the ins and outs of travel blogging.
This is a part-time, virtual position. You can be based anywhere in the world.
You will be expected to commit a minimum of 2 to 3 hours per day (split throughout the day), including weekends, and will need to have steady and fast internet access.
- Familiarity with my work on The Shooting Star and my social networks.
- Shared values of experiential and responsible travel.
- Knowledge and experience in creatively managing social media.
- Online research and relationship-building skills.
- Creative writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Discipline and ability to work from home, respond timely to emails/deadlines, and submit weekly reports/updates.
- Initial commitment of 3 months, with a 1-month probation period.
Good to have
- Interpersonal skills for offline representation.
- Ability to assess Google Analytics data and numbers.
- Knowledge and interest in video.
To be discussed.
How to apply
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Why do you want to work with The Shooting Star and what makes you the best person for this role?
- Your past experience with managing social networks
- 1-2 creative ideas on what I can do better on my blog / social media
- Your location, background and ability to travel in the future
- Period of commitment
- Expected start date and remuneration
Please provide all the above details in your email. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please don’t bother applying if you only care about scoring some free travel.
Application deadline: 15th Jan 2016.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview, latest by 1st Feb 2016.
Thanks for your interest!