The Shooting Star focuses on solo, offbeat, vegan and responsible travel, and is read by thousands of people every month. Over the years, it has inspired many to make life-altering decisions.
I’m looking for someone passionate about writing, editing and crafting short videos to join my team. Shared values of meaningful travel, conscious living and veganism are appreciated.
You’ll be working closely with me to brainstorm, write and edit stories, and create unique videos for The Shooting Star and my social media channels, with a focus on sustainable tourism, veganism, offbeat destinations, human stories, social entrepreneurship and inspiring people.
Your role involves interesting and challenging work, including (but not limited to):
- Researching, crowd-sourcing, writing and editing stories
- Creating short videos for social media
- Creative research and some analytics
Depending on your contribution and performance, there maybe interesting travel opportunities after the first 6 months. In this hands-on, results-oriented role, you’ll have the chance to see your work reach a large, engaged audience. There is also scope for a long-term association with The Shooting Star.
This is a part-time, virtual position. You can be based anywhere in the world.
You will be expected to commit to a set of deliverables and timelines each month, with the flexibility to choose your own work hours.
- Familiarity with my work on The Shooting Star and my social networks.
- Shared values of responsible travel, conscious living and veganism.
- Creative writing skills. Previous writing experience will be helpful.
- Video creation skills, or the willingness to learn basic video editing.
- Attention to detail.
- Discipline and ability to work from home, respond timely to emails/deadlines, and submit weekly reports/updates.
- Initial commitment of 3 months, with a 1-month probation period.
To be discussed.
How to apply
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Email subject: “Joining The Shooting Star team”
- Why do you want to work with The Shooting Star and what makes you the best person for this role? Convince me.
Consider including the following:
- Your past experience, if any
- A link to your writing and/or video samples
- Your current location and background
- Period of commitment
- Expected start date and remuneration
This is a rolling application. I’ll keep this position open till I find the right person.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thanks for your interest!