The Shooting Star focuses on offbeat and responsible travel, and has consistently been ranked among Asia’s and India’s top travel blogs. I’m looking at expanding my team, this time to help me create inspiring video content.
You’ll be working closely with me to brainstorm, shoot and edit videos with a focus on unique travel (and life) philosophies, sustainable tourism, veganism, offbeat destinations, human stories and interviews with inspiring people. Your role involves interesting and challenging work, including (but not limited to):
- Creating out-of-the-box video content
- Creative research
- Working with brands that share my travel ethos
Depending on your contribution and performance, there maybe interesting travel opportunities after the first 6 months. In this hands-on, results-oriented role, you’ll have the chance to see your work reach a large, engaged audience.
This is a part-time, virtual position. You can be based anywhere in the world.
You will be expected to commit a minimum of 2 to 3 hours per day (split throughout the day) and need to have your own equipment to shoot videos as well as steady and fast internet access.
- Familiarity with my work on The Shooting Star and my social networks.
- Shared values of experiential and responsible travel.
- Passion for and proficiency in shooting creative videos.
- Knowledge and experience in using a variety of software to edit videos.
- Online research skills.
- Creative writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Discipline and ability to work from home, respond timely to emails/deadlines, and submit weekly reports/updates.
- Initial commitment of 3 months, with a 1-month probation period.
Good to have
- Inclination towards veganism.
- Past experience in creating professional travel videos.
To be discussed.
How to apply
Please email me at email@example.com with the following:
- Email subject: “Videos – The Shooting Star”
- Why do you want to work with The Shooting Star and what makes you the best person for this role?
- Your past experience in shooting and editing videos
- A link to your video portfolio / YouTube channel
- 1-2 creative ideas on the kind of videos you can help me create based on the content on my blog / Instagram
- Your location, background and ability to travel in the future
- Period of commitment
- Expected start date and remuneration, including fee per video (shooting and editing videos of 2-3 minutes on average) and fee for 4 videos a month
Please provide all the above details in your email. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please don’t bother applying if you only care about scoring some free travel.
Application deadline: 2nd Jan 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview, latest by 20th Jan 2020.
Thanks for your interest!