As a full time travel blogger and digital nomad, I work closely with tourism boards and relevant travel brands to help them connect with my engaged community of readers. Every post on The Shooting Star is crafted from personal experiences, and tries to bring out the essence of travel.
Why partner with The Shooting Star?
I attempt to travel differently – often solo and beyond tourist spots to find the soul of a place – and bring stories from the road in an honest and relatable way to my readers. My blog and social networks are filled with readers expressing their intention to follow in my footsteps wherever I go, and every week, I receive 40-50 emails and personal messages seeking recommendations and tips.
Recent media coverage & awards
- Featured in Vogue India magazine among the best travel Instagram accounts (2018)
- Featured on Passion Passport among Instagram’s most inspiring environmentalists (2018)
- Featured on the cover of National Geographic Traveller India magazine (2017)
- Nominee: Outlook Traveller Readers’ Choice Awards (2017)
- Speaker at TEDx (FMS, New Delhi) on living a nomadic life (2016)
- Interviewed by Responsible Travel on making conscious travel choices (2016)
- Featured on Huffington Post for one of India’s best Instagram accounts (2016)
- Featured as an intrepid traveller on the front page of The Times of India (2015)
- Voted India’s Best Travel Blogger by Vogue India (2015)
- Voted among Asia’s top 3 travel blogs by Go Desti (2015)
- Awarded India’s Best Young Social Media Professional at CMO Asia Awards (2014)
- Featured on BBC Travel and NDTV (2014)
- See all my media coverage and awards here.
Statistics: Blog and social networks
- Monthly views: 80,000+
- Unique monthly visitors: 45,000+
- Blog subscribers: 19,000+
- Instagram followers: 52,000+
- Facebook fans: 26,000+
- Twitter followers: 25,000+
- Google+ followers: 100,000+ per collection
- Klout: 72
- Traffic regions: India, US, Europe, Southeast Asia
- Offbeat Copenhagen with Wonderful Copenhagen (Apr 2018)
- Say Yes to the World with Lufthansa (Apr 2018)
- Undiscovered Japan with Japan Tourism (Mar 2018)
- My First Ski Experience with SWISS Airlines (Jan 2018)
- FC Bayern Youth Cup with Lufthansa (May 2017)
- Back to Basics with Vodafone (Mar 2017)
- Lufthansa A350 with Lufthansa (Jan 2017)
- Find Your Epic with Visit Britain and Wales Tourism (Oct 2016)
- Discover Hessen with Hessen Tourism (Sept 2016)
- My Mauritius with Mauritius Tourism and iAmbassador (June 2016)
- Airbnb: Central America and Sri Lanka (2015, 2016)
- #NotJustBeer with Germany Tourism (Aug 2015)
- Rudesheim Wine Festival with Must Love Festivals (Aug 2015)
- Visit Europe with iAmbassador (July 2015)
- #MeetSouthAfrica with South African Tourism (April 2015)
- Lufthansa Premium Economy with Lufthansa (March 2015)
- Central America with Airbnb (Oct 2014 – Mar 2015)
- Guanaja Island with La Giralda (Nov 2014)
- Virgin Upper Class with Virgin Atlantic (Oct 2014)
- Funbassadors with Philippines Tourism (March 2014)
- South Australia with South Australian Tourism (Feb 2014)
- German Christmas Markets with Lufthansa (Dec 2013)
- Island hopping with Seychelles Tourism (Nov 2013)
- Mumbai indulgence with JW Marriott (Sept 2013)
- #ExploreCanada Blogger Train with Canada Tourism (May 2013)
- Las Fallas with Spain Tourism (March 2013)
- Singapore with Singapore Tourism (Feb 2013)
- Discover Bahrain (Jan 2013)
- Tarragona and Ibiza with Turkish Airlines (Oct 2012)
- Mauritius with Le Meridien (Sept 2012)
“I have worked with Shivya on multiple projects over the past 4 years. She is a thorough professional, a powerful wordsmith and a partner in the true sense. In fact, her open-mindedness, commitment and self-initiative take every project to a higher level.”
~ Sangeeta Sharma, Lufthansa
“Working with Shivya has been smooth and easy – she is a professional travel blogger and influencer and she efficiently sees to getting the job done on her own without any problems. Getting off the beaten track in Copenhagen, Shivya has successfully showed her audience the great adventures and sceneries awaiting visitors that dare to take city exploration to the next level. The result of Shiva’s stay in Copenhagen has been beautiful photos and well written blogs, and her followers have truly engaged with each post in her feed.”
~ Sanne Olsen, Copenhagen Tourism
At a time when anyone who wants to pursue their passion to travel at someone else’s expenses and call it travel blogging, The Shooting Star is from another planet. If you have an authentic experience and you want to position your business in the sustainable tourism space, she’s the investment you might want to make. Worth every dollar!
~ Gopinath Parayil, The Blue Yonder
“For the GNTB it was a pleasure to work with Shivya during the #NotJustBeer campaign in August 2015. She took over our Instagram channel for two weeks and shared live updates on her own Twitter, Instagram and Facebook channels about her experiences with the German wine traditions. The reactions on Shivya’s work were overwhelming. She totally got the followers fall in love with Germany’s wine regions via social media. We’re hoping, that there will be another chance to work with Shivya again.”
~ Elif Kablan, German National Tourist Board
“The SATC was very pleased to work with Shivya. She was genuinely interested in our destination, people and culture and showed a real passion getting off the beaten track and getting “under the skin” of Adelaide. All this resulted in some very well composed content and exposure through more websites and networks than we initially anticipated.”
~ Martin Kaesler, South Australian Tourism Commission
“Shivya travelled with me last year to Seychelles. I respect her professionalism and the fact that she is so keen on making the most of each minute she spends in a new destination. She is always looking at off-beat experiences which involve lot of interaction with locals and understanding their beliefs, customs and way of life. This is why her stories are full of meaningful experiences which makes them a pleasure to read because you always learn something different about a place. Her blogs and articles on Seychelles were great and brought out some unknown aspects about the islands.”
~ Aswini Krishna, Seychelles Tourist Office
“We were amazed by the instant impact that Shivya’s endorsements create. Those who keeptrack of her footprints, actually follow them. A decision to engage with her is not one you will regret.”
~ Sumant Batra, Te Aroha
How can you work with The Shooting Star?
Through my blog and writing, I aim to inspire people to follow their own travel dreams and embrace new adventures. Here’s how I help connect my readers with the right travel destinations and brands:
I partner with tourism boards and travel brands to deliver engaging blogging campaigns, showcasing your destination, accommodation or product to my readers in an experiential way – with a focus on local experiences and sustainable travel. I offer real-time updates on my social networks, blog posts featuring my experiences, practical tips, short travel videos and post-trip giveaways. See my recent blogging campaigns above, and a case study here.
As a professional blogger, I charge a blogging fee to compensate for my time and effort. I’m available to work with you to build a new campaign or join an existing one.
Please email me at email@example.com to receive my media kit.
Sustainable and Vegan Travel – Collaboration and Consulting
I collaborate with sustainable and vegan travel initiatives to help create awareness about their offerings among a niche audience of discerning travellers using my blog and social media, as well as help them build a practical digital marketing strategy. I also advise new or existing travel companies and accommodations on practical ways to adopt an approach to travel that is environmentally and socially more responsible – both because it’s the need of the hour, and in growing demand.
You can also see some of my on-going Passion Projects.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your travel initiatives.
With an engaged and growing following of 50,000+, I’m passionate about the travel content I share on Instagram. I don’t believe in perfectly curated travel shots, but focus on the real side of travel through human stories, debates and discussions around solo, sustainable, vegan and offbeat travel. I work with like-minded brands to help them reach out to my curious audience.
Recent collaborations include:
- Wonderful Copenhagen: Showcasing offbeat Copenhagen
- Green People: Goat Village and Rural Uttarakhand
- Japan Tourism: Unknown Japan
- Evolve Back: Eco-luxury in Coorg and Kabini
- Swiss Airlines: Flying Swiss and Skiing in Switzerland
- Austria Tourism: Feel Austria
Travel Influencer for Online Campaigns and Contests
I work with brands to run and promote travel-related contests and campaigns that are of interest and value to my readers.
Recent collaborations include:
- National Geographic Channel India: #DayofExploration (Twitter)
- Lufthansa Airlines: Win a Dream Trip to California; Travel Anywhere in the World With Lufthansa; Win a Dream Trip to Amsterdam; Win a Trip to New York; Win a Flight to Europe; Germany Christmas Markets Giveaway
- Hostelbookers: Dream Solo Destination Contest
- Le Meridien: Win a Stay at Le Meridien, Mauritius
- Volvo Trucks: Win a Luxury Trip to Singapore
- CEAT Tyres: Win an Incredible Road Trip Across 3 Countries; Win an Epic Trip Through Kashmir and Ladakh
- Fox Life India: Simple Ways to Travel More Responsibly in Ladakh
I work on a long-term basis with select travel brands that fit in with my travel focus: responsible, solo and experiential travel.
Freelance travel writer and social media strategist
I am open to challenging freelance projects, including travel blogging, copywriting for travel-related websites and consulting on a brand’s social media strategy. Some of my past work includes social media strategy and community management for Singapore Tourism on Facebook, curating a travel blog for Travelyaari and copywriting / editing for Globein’s India Craft Guide, Why Think Places, Saffron Dreams, BudgetHotels and India Untravelled.
Speaker at social media / travel events
As a digital nomad, I speak at events, meetups and workshops on sustainable travel, making a living from a passion like travel blogging, and leveraging social media to propel organizations, brands, professionals and individuals in the online space. My recent speaking gigs include TEDx, National Geographic Travel Meetup, World Travel Writers Conference (Maldives), KC Literature Festival, Ahimsa Vegan Fest, Responsible Travel Forum and ICICI corporate conference. See more on my Speaking page.
Please email me at email@example.com to discuss your requirements. My charges vary with the scope, duration and challenges of the project.