As a full time travel blogger and digital nomad, I work closely with tourism boards and relevant lifestyle brands, helping them connect with my engaged community of readers. Every post on my travel blog The Shooting Star and my social media channels, especially Instagram, is crafted from personal experiences, and tries to bring out the essence of travel.
Why partner with The Shooting Star?
I attempt to travel differently – often solo and beyond tourist spots to find the soul of a place – and bring stories from the road in an honest, experiential, aspirational and relatable way to my readers. My blog and social networks are filled with readers expressing their intention to follow in my footsteps wherever I go, and every week, I receive 30-40 emails and personal messages seeking recommendations and tips.
Recent media coverage & awards
- Winner – Best Communicator at the WTM Responsible Tourism Awards India (2020)
- Featured by Conde Nast Traveller among Instagram accounts to follow if you care about the planet (2020)
- Featured by The Washington Post among travel influencers changing the way we think of the world (2019)
- Featured by Travel+Leisure India among Indian women to follow on Instagram (2019)
- Silver winner – “Best writing in a blog” at the TBC Asia Awards (2018)
- Featured in Vogue India magazine among the best travel Instagram accounts (2018)
- Featured on Passion Passport among Instagram’s most inspiring environmentalists (2018)
- Featured on the cover of National Geographic Traveller India magazine (2017)
- Speaker at TEDx (FMS, New Delhi) on living a nomadic life (2016)
- Interviewed by Responsible Travel on making conscious travel choices (2016)
- Featured on Huffington Post for one of India’s best Instagram accounts (2016)
- Featured as an intrepid traveller on the front page of The Times of India (2015)
- Voted India’s Best Travel Blogger by Vogue India (2015)
- Voted among Asia’s top 3 travel blogs by Go Desti (2015)
- Awarded India’s Best Young Social Media Professional at CMO Asia Awards (2014)
- Featured on BBC Travel and NDTV (2014)
- See all my media coverage and awards here.
Statistics: Blog and social networks
- Monthly views: 60,000+
- Unique monthly visitors: 30,000+
- Blog subscribers: 20,000+
- Instagram followers: 80,000+
- Facebook fans: 28,000+
- Twitter followers: 27,000+
- Audience demographics: India, US, Europe, Southeast Asia | 25-45 year olds
- Sustainable Luxury travel with CGH Earth (2020)
- Travel Central Asia (Uzbekistan & Tajikistan) with USAID (2019/2020)
- Flying responsibly with KLM (2019)
- Digital Empowerment Stories with Airtel (2019)
- Why Iran with Uppersia (2019)
- Volunteering in Cuba with IOI Adventures (2019)
- Digital Nomad Life with MSI (2019)
- Offbeat Copenhagen with Wonderful Copenhagen (2018)
- Say Yes to the World with Lufthansa (2018)
- Undiscovered Japan with Japan Tourism (2018)
- Travelling Responsibly (Instagram only) with WWF (2018)
- Life Well Travelled with Cathay Pacific (2018)
- My First Ski Experience with SWISS Airlines (2018)
- FC Bayern Youth Cup with Lufthansa (2017)
- Back to Basics with Vodafone (2017)
- Lufthansa A350 with Lufthansa (2017)
- Find Your Epic with Visit Britain and Wales Tourism (2016)
- Discover Hessen with Hessen Tourism (2016)
- My Mauritius with Mauritius Tourism and iAmbassador (2016)
- Airbnb: Central America and Sri Lanka (2015, 2016)
- #NotJustBeer with Germany Tourism (2015)
- Rudesheim Wine Festival with Must Love Festivals (2015)
- Visit Europe with iAmbassador (2015)
- #MeetSouthAfrica with South African Tourism (2015)
- Lufthansa Premium Economy with Lufthansa (2015)
- Central America with Airbnb (2014)
- Guanaja Island with La Giralda (2014)
- Virgin Upper Class with Virgin Atlantic (2014)
- Funbassadors with Philippines Tourism (2014)
- South Australia with South Australian Tourism (2014)
- German Christmas Markets with Lufthansa (2013)
- Island hopping with Seychelles Tourism (2013)
- Mumbai indulgence with JW Marriott (2013)
- #ExploreCanada Blogger Train with Canada Tourism (2013)
- Las Fallas with Spain Tourism (2013)
- Singapore with Singapore Tourism (2013)
- Discover Bahrain (2013)
- Tarragona and Ibiza with Turkish Airlines (2012)
- Mauritius with Le Meridien (2012)
“I have worked with Shivya on multiple projects over the past 4 years. She is a thorough professional, a powerful wordsmith and a partner in the true sense. In fact, her open-mindedness, commitment and self-initiative take every project to a higher level.”
~ Sangeeta Sharma, Lufthansa
“Working with Shivya has been smooth and easy – she is a professional travel blogger and influencer and she efficiently sees to getting the job done on her own without any problems. Getting off the beaten track in Copenhagen, Shivya has successfully showed her audience the great adventures and sceneries awaiting visitors that dare to take city exploration to the next level. The result of Shivya’s stay in Copenhagen has been beautiful photos and well written blogs, and her followers have truly engaged with each post in her feed.”
~ Sanne Olsen, Copenhagen Tourism
“At a time when anyone who wants to pursue their passion to travel at someone else’s expenses and call it travel blogging, The Shooting Star is from another planet. If you have an authentic experience and you want to position your business in the sustainable tourism space, she’s the investment you might want to make. Worth every dollar!”
~ Gopinath Parayil, The Blue Yonder
“For the GNTB it was a pleasure to work with Shivya during the #NotJustBeer campaign in August 2015. She took over our Instagram channel for two weeks and shared live updates on her own Twitter, Instagram and Facebook channels about her experiences with the German wine traditions. The reactions on Shivya’s work were overwhelming. She totally got the followers fall in love with Germany’s wine regions via social media. We’re hoping, that there will be another chance to work with Shivya again.”
~ Elif Kablan, German National Tourist Board
“The SATC was very pleased to work with Shivya. She was genuinely interested in our destination, people and culture and showed a real passion getting off the beaten track and getting “under the skin” of Adelaide. All this resulted in some very well composed content and exposure through more websites and networks than we initially anticipated.”
~ Martin Kaesler, South Australian Tourism Commission
“Shivya travelled with me last year to Seychelles. I respect her professionalism and the fact that she is so keen on making the most of each minute she spends in a new destination. She is always looking at off-beat experiences which involve lot of interaction with locals and understanding their beliefs, customs and way of life. This is why her stories are full of meaningful experiences which makes them a pleasure to read because you always learn something different about a place. Her blogs and articles on Seychelles were great and brought out some unknown aspects about the islands.”
~ Aswini Krishna, Seychelles Tourist Office
“We were amazed by the instant impact that Shivya’s endorsements create. Those who keep track of her footprints, actually follow them. A decision to engage with her is not one you will regret.”
~ Sumant Batra, Te Aroha
How can you work with The Shooting Star?
Through my blog and writing, I aim to inspire people to follow their own travel dreams, seek new adventures and embrace a sustainable way of life. Here’s how I help connect my readers with the right travel destinations and brands:
I partner with tourism boards and travel brands to deliver engaging blogging campaigns, showcasing your destination, accommodation or product to my readers in an experiential way – with a focus on local experiences and sustainable travel. I offer real-time updates on my social networks, blog posts featuring my experiences, practical tips, short travel videos and post-trip giveaways.
As a professional blogger, I charge a blogging fee to compensate for my time and effort. I’m available to work with you to build a new campaign or join an existing one.
Please email me at email@example.com to receive my media kit.
Sustainable and Vegan Travel – Collaboration and Consulting
I collaborate with sustainable and vegan travel initiatives to help create awareness about their offerings among a niche audience of discerning travellers using my blog and social media, as well as help them build a practical digital marketing strategy. I also advise new or existing travel companies and accommodations on practical ways to adopt an approach to travel that is environmentally and socially more responsible – both because it’s the need of the hour, and more travellers expect it.
I’m currently part of WWF Voices and an advisory board member at Positive Impact Travel. I’m also working on passion projects related to sustainability and animals with organisations who’s work I truly believe in.
In the past, I’ve been involved with SankalpTaru Foundation as a marketing and PR advisor, with Visit.org as a travelling ambassador and with India Untravelled as a responsible travel consultant. I’ve also collaborated with The Blue Yonder, Spiti Ecosphere, Kipepeo, Grassroutes Journeys and Himalayan Ark to deliver successful social media and blogging campaigns.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your travel initiatives.
With an engaged and growing organic following of 80,000+, I’m passionate about the travel content I share on Instagram. I don’t believe in perfectly curated travel shots, but focus on authentic travel through human stories, debates and discussions around solo, sustainable, vegan and offbeat travel. I work with like-minded brands to help them reach out to my curious audience.
Recent collaborations include:
- Central Asia: Community tourism with USAID
- Wonderful Copenhagen: Showcasing offbeat Copenhagen
- Travelling Responsibly: WWF (Instagram takeover)
- Green People: Goat Village and Rural Uttarakhand
- Japan Tourism: Unknown Japan
- Evolve Back: Eco-luxury in Coorg and Kabini
- Swiss Airlines: Flying Swiss and Skiing in Switzerland
- Austria Tourism: Feel Austria
Speaker at motivational, social media and travel events
As a digital nomad, I speak at events, meetups and workshops on sustainable travel, making a living from a passion like travel blogging, and leveraging social media to propel organizations, brands, professionals and individuals in the online space. My recent speaking gigs include TEDx, National Geographic Travel Meetup, World Travel Writers Conference (Maldives), PEP 2019, Mountain Echoes Literary Festival (Bhutan), KC Literature Festival, Ahimsa Vegan Fest, Responsible Travel Forum India and ICICI ‘follow your passion’ corporate conference. In 2020, I’ll be speaking at the prestigious Economic Times Women‘s Forum. See more on my Speaking page.
Travel Influencer for Online Campaigns and Contests
I work with brands to run and promote travel-related contests and campaigns that are of interest and value to my readers.
Recent collaborations include:
- National Geographic Channel India: #DayofExploration (Twitter)
- Lufthansa Airlines: Win a Dream Trip to California; Travel Anywhere in the World With Lufthansa; Win a Dream Trip to Amsterdam; Win a Trip to New York; Win a Flight to Europe; Germany Christmas Markets Giveaway
- Hostelbookers: Dream Solo Destination Contest
- Le Meridien: Win a Stay at Le Meridien, Mauritius
- Volvo Trucks: Win a Luxury Trip to Singapore
- CEAT Tyres: Win an Incredible Road Trip Across 3 Countries; Win an Epic Trip Through Kashmir and Ladakh
- Fox Life India: Simple Ways to Travel More Responsibly in Ladakh
I work on a long-term basis with select travel brands that fit in with my travel focus: responsible, solo and experiential travel.
Freelance travel writer and social media strategist
I am open to challenging freelance projects, including travel blogging, copywriting for travel-related websites and consulting on a brand’s social media strategy. Some of my past work includes social media strategy and community management for Singapore Tourism on Facebook, curating a travel blog for Travelyaari and copywriting / editing for Globein’s India Craft Guide, Why Think Places, Saffron Dreams, BudgetHotels.sg and India Untravelled.
Please email me at email@example.com to discuss your requirements. My charges vary with the scope, duration and challenges of the project.