As a full time travel blogger and digital nomad, I work closely with tourism boards and relevant travel brands to help them connect with my engaged community of readers. Every post on The Shooting Star is crafted from personal experiences, and tries to bring out the essence of travel.
Why partner with The Shooting Star?
I attempt to travel differently – often solo and beyond tourist spots to find the soul of a place – and bring stories from the road in an honest and relatable way to my readers. My blog and social networks are filled with readers expressing their intention to follow in my footsteps wherever I go, and every week, I receive 20-30 emails and personal messages seeking recommendations and tips.
Recent media coverage & awards
- Nominee: Outlook Traveller Readers’ Choice Awards (2017)
- Speaker at TEDx (FMS, New Delhi) on living a nomadic life (2016)
- Interviewed by Responsible Travel on making conscious travel choices (2016)
- Featured on Huffington Post for one of India’s best Instagram accounts (2016)
- Featured as an intrepid traveller on the front page of The Times of India (2015)
- Voted India’s Best Travel Blogger by Vogue India (2015)
- Voted among Asia’s top 3 travel blogs by Go Desti (2015)
- Awarded India’s Best Young Social Media Professional at CMO Asia Awards (2014)
- Featured on BBC Travel and NDTV (2014)
Statistics: Blog and social networks
- Monthly views: 80,000+
- Unique monthly visitors: 40,000+
- Blog subscribers: 12,000+
- Instagram followers: 49,000+
- Facebook fans: 26,000+
- Twitter followers: 25,000+
- Google+ followers: 100,000+ per collection
- Klout: 72
- Traffic regions: India, US, Europe, Southeast Asia
- Say Yes to the World with Lufthansa (Apr 2018)
- Undiscovered Japan with Japan Tourism (Mar 2018)
- My First Ski Experience with SWISS Airlines (Jan 2018)
- FC Bayern Youth Cup with Lufthansa (May 2017)
- Back to Basics with Vodafone (Mar 2017)
- Lufthansa A350 with Lufthansa (Jan 2017)
- Find Your Epic with Visit Britain and Wales Tourism (Oct 2016)
- Discover Hessen with Hessen Tourism (Sept 2016)
- My Mauritius with Mauritius Tourism and iAmbassador (June 2016)
- Airbnb: Central America and Sri Lanka (2015, 2016)
- #NotJustBeer with Germany Tourism (Aug 2015)
- Rudesheim Wine Festival with Must Love Festivals (Aug 2015)
- Visit Europe with iAmbassador (July 2015)
- #MeetSouthAfrica with South African Tourism (April 2015)
- Lufthansa Premium Economy with Lufthansa (March 2015)
- Central America with Airbnb (Oct 2014 – Mar 2015)
- Guanaja Island with La Giralda (Nov 2014)
- Virgin Upper Class with Virgin Atlantic (Oct 2014)
- Funbassadors with Philippines Tourism (March 2014)
- South Australia with South Australian Tourism (Feb 2014)
- German Christmas Markets with Lufthansa (Dec 2013)
- Island hopping with Seychelles Tourism (Nov 2013)
- Mumbai indulgence with JW Marriott (Sept 2013)
- #ExploreCanada Blogger Train with Canada Tourism (May 2013)
- Las Fallas with Spain Tourism (March 2013)
- Singapore with Singapore Tourism (Feb 2013)
- Discover Bahrain (Jan 2013)
- Tarragona and Ibiza with Turkish Airlines (Oct 2012)
- Mauritius with Le Meridien (Sept 2012)
” For the GNTB it was a pleasure to work with Shivya during the #NotJustBeer campaign in August 2015. She took over our Instagram channel for two weeks and shared live updates on her own Twitter, Instagram and Facebook channels about her experiences with the German wine traditions. The reactions on Shivya’s work were overwhelming. She totally got the followers fall in love with Germany’s wine regions via social media. We’re hoping, that there will be another chance to work with Shivya again.”
~ Elif Kablan, German National Tourist Board
” The SATC was very pleased to work with Shivya. She was genuinely interested in our destination, people and culture and showed a real passion getting off the beaten track and getting “under the skin” of Adelaide. All this resulted in some very well composed content and exposure through more websites and networks than we initially anticipated.”
~ Martin Kaesler, South Australian Tourism Commission
” Shivya travelled with me last year to Seychelles. I respect her professionalism and the fact that she is so keen on making the most of each minute she spends in a new destination. She is always looking at off-beat experiences which involve lot of interaction with locals and understanding their beliefs, customs and way of life. This is why her stories are full of meaningful experiences which makes them a pleasure to read because you always learn something different about a place. Her blogs and articles on Seychelles were great and brought out some unknown aspects about the islands.”
~ Aswini Krishna, Seychelles Tourist Office (India)
How can you work with The Shooting Star?
Through my blog and writing, I aim to inspire people to follow their own travel dreams and embrace new adventures. Here’s how I help connect my readers with the right travel destinations and brands:
I partner with tourism boards and travel brands to deliver engaging blogging campaigns, showcasing your destination, accommodation or product to my readers in an experiential way – with a focus on local experiences and sustainable travel. I offer real-time updates on my social networks, blog posts featuring my experiences, practical tips and post-trip giveaways. See my recent blogging campaigns above, and a case study here.
As a professional blogger, I charge a blogging fee to compensate for my time and efforts. I’m available to work with you to build a new campaign or join an existing one.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive my media kit.
Responsible Travel Consultant
I work with existing sustainable travel initiatives to consult them on their digital marketing strategy, to reach a niche audience of discerning travellers. I also advise new or existing travel companies and accommodations on practical ways to adopt an approach to travel that is environmentally and socially more responsible – both because it’s the need of the hour, and in growing demand.
Please email me at email@example.com to discuss your travel initiatives.
Travel Influencer for Online Campaigns and Contests
I work with brands to run and promote travel-related contests and campaigns that are of interest and value to my readers.
Recent collaborations include:
- National Geographic Channel India: #DayofExploration (Twitter)
- Lufthansa Airlines: Win a Dream Trip to California; Travel Anywhere in the World With Lufthansa; Win a Dream Trip to Amsterdam; Win a Trip to New York; Win a Flight to Europe; Germany Christmas Markets Giveaway
- Hostelbookers: Dream Solo Destination Contest
- Le Meridien: Win a Stay at Le Meridien, Mauritius
- Volvo Trucks: Win a Luxury Trip to Singapore
- CEAT Tyres: Win an Incredible Road Trip Across 3 Countries; Win an Epic Trip Through Kashmir and Ladakh
- Fox Life India: Simple Ways to Travel More Responsibly in Ladakh
I work on a long-term basis with select travel brands that fit in with my travel focus: responsible, solo and experiential travel.
Freelance travel writer and social media strategist
I am open to challenging freelance projects, including travel blogging, copywriting for travel-related websites and consulting on a brand’s social media strategy. Some of my past work includes social media strategy and community management for Singapore Tourism on Facebook, curating a travel blog for Travelyaari and copywriting / editing for Globein’s India Craft Guide, Saffron Dreams, Why Think Places, BudgetHotels and India Untravelled.
Speaker at social media / travel events
As a digital nomad, I speak at events, meetups and workshops on sustainable travel, making a living from a passion like travel blogging, and leveraging social media to propel organizations, brands, professionals and individuals in the online space. My recent speaking gigs include TEDx, National Geographic Traveller Meetup, KC Literature Festival, Ahimsa Vegan Fest and ICICI corporate conference. See more on my Speaking page.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements. My charges vary with the scope, duration and challenges of the project.