2009 has finally marched into our lives with dreams of peace, happiness and prosperity. Season’s greetings to everyone!
After 3 weeks of living out of a suitcase, a Hong Kong trip, and a Rajasthani holiday, I am back in the blogosphere. My mind is throbbing with posts to be written, my google reader is overflowing, my supply of books has been refurbished, I am finally home and in winter mode, life is good. I am embracing 2009 with open arms. Resolutions, though, are already in tatters.
2008, in retrospect, has been a good year. I fell in love with blogging, graduated unofficially, rediscovered books. The others demand individual posts.
- There is such a thing as too much chocolate.
- The blogger’s bug shows up its scratchy head all the time. Travel, adventure, people, thoughts, all fight their way anti-laziness as potential posts.
- Silence is the second most wonderful thing.
- The sky is a spectacle in itself. Sun rise, sunset, stars, moon, all of it.
- B r e a k i n g n e w s. Indian news channels are the best way to get through a dull, boring day.
- I live for mountains.
- Friends, well, are really the family we choose.
May 2009 be filled with laughter, love and a gazillion reasons to blog!
Get my latest article in your inbox!
I’m the founder of this award-winning travel blog about offbeat and sustainable travel, and author of the bestselling travel memoir, The Shooting Star.
In 2011, I quit my full-time job, and gradually gave up my home, sold most of my possessions, stored some in the boot of a friend’s car and embraced a nomadic life.
Connect with me on Instagram to hear more about my adventures and personal journey.