BIG NEWS: I hit 10,000 likes on my Facebook page, and 12,000 followers on Twitter – both in the same week! Right from the days when I was a vulnerable little fish in the big travel blogging ocean (which I still am, but just a little less vulnerable), my community of readers, travellers and dreamers – aka YOU – have been my backbone. It is to you that I turn to in happy days and not-so-happy ones, and for that I thank you!
Now it’s time for me to give you a little something back. So I reached out to my favorite eco-luxury lodges in India and partnered with them to offer you a chance to win two unforgettable stays. Ready to hit the road?
WHAT YOU COULD WIN
1) 3 days – 2 nights stay with meals for two at LAKSHMAN SAGAR, Rajasthan.
Once a 19th century hunting lodge, Lakshman Sagar is perhaps India’s most creative expression of eco-luxury. Live like royalty on Rajathan’s untouched countryside, surrounded by the Aravalis; a bucket list experience. Read about my stay at Lakshman Sagar here.
2) 3 days – 2 nights stay with breakfast for two at TE AROHA, Uttarakhand.
Under the yellow rooftops in a fairytale Kumaoni village, this is a place of love, perfect to lose yourself in the Himalayas. Read about my stay at Te Aroha here.
3) 50 exclusive “The world from the lens of The Shooting Star” calendars, created by AdventureN.
AdventureN is an up and coming community of adventure seekers. In autumn 2014, they collaborated with me to produce a calendar for their travel clients, featuring photos and recommendations for each month of the year! I haven’t seen it yet (how long have I been away from India?), but I hope when you’re sitting at your desk, it will inspire you to travel.
HOW DO YOU WIN
Scroll down and fill the contest form to enter.
I’ve tried to create an opportunity for everyone – whether you’re creative, lucky or just passionate about travel.
Here’s how you win each prize: Fastest fingers first: The first 50 entries in the contest will receive a copy of the AdventureN calendar. Lucky draw: All entries will be entered in a lucky draw and one lucky winner (picked on random.org) will win a stay at Te Aroha. Creativity: The most creative entry (chosen by yours truly) will win a stay at Lakshman Sagar.
The contest starts on February 11, 2015 and ends on February 22, 2015. Winners will be announced by
the end of February early March.
Support the awesome sponsors of this contest by following them on Facebook: Lakshman Sagar, Te Aroha (and their latest mission to promote the Kumaoni village of Dhanachuli) and AdventureN.
And as always, be nice and share the
wanderlust contest on your social networks!
ENTER THE CONTEST
UPDATE: This contest is over. Thanks for the overwhelming response!
THE LEGAL STUFF
- The winner must be at least 18 years old and can be a resident of any country.
- Only one entry per person is allowed. Participants with multiple entries will be disqualified.
- This contest is a celebration of my Facebook and Twitter communities. To be eligible to enter the contest, you must follow @shivya on Twitter or like The Shooting Star on Facebook.
- The first 50 participants to enter the contest will receive a calendar from AdventureN. Entering the correct address in the Contest Form is the sole responsibility of the participant.
- All participants will be entered into a lucky draw, and one winner will be randomly picked to win the stay at Te Aroha. No disputes will be entertained.
- The most creative entry, as judged by Shivya Nath, will win the stay at Lakshman Sagar. No disputes will be entertained and my decision will be final.
- Lakshman Sagar: The prize includes a two nights stay for 2 people, inclusive of meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) at Lakshman Sagar in Pali, Rajasthan. The prize is subject to availability, and can be availed only in September, October or between November 15 to December 15, 2015.
- Te Aroha: The prize includes a two nights stay for 2 people, in a deluxe room, inclusive of breakfast at Te Aroha in Dhanachuli, Uttarakhand. Please note that all taxes are payable by the winner. The prize is subject to availability, can be availed only within 3 months of the contest result announcement, not valid on long weekends and other national holidays and cannot be clubbed with any other promotion; the Te Aroha management retains absolutely discretion in this regard.
- The winner is responsible for transport, flights, visas, activities, insurance, alcohol, personal expenses and anything other than the inclusions mentioned above.
- The prizes can be claimed and used only by the named winner, are non-transferrable, and cannot be sold for cash.
- The winner absolves Lakshman Sagar, Te Aroha, AdventureN / Citius, The Shooting Star and Shivya Nath of any and all liability regarding accidents, mishaps, issues with courier delivery, issues with reservations, bookings and the accommodations, and any unforeseen circumstances before, during or after the trip.
- Changes to the contest terms, prizes or mechanism can be made at the sole discretion of The Shooting Star and Shivya Nath.
[Update: 6th March, 2015]
Thanks everyone for your enthusiastic participation! I had an incredibly tough time picking a winner in the creativity category from among a whopping 667 entries. Some of the entries were so inspiring that it broke my heart for not being able to pick more than one winner. So I reached out to the awesome folks at AdventureN and they agreed to give away 10 more calendars to the 10 most creative entries 🙂
Lakshman Sagar: Zainab Kakal
Winning entry: I travel because…”the more I learn about the universe outside me, the more I immerse myself in the universe inside.”
Te Aroha: Ameya Nagarajan
Calendars by AdventureN
María José Mata Olay
Jayanth K. Ajay
Subodh Chandra Subedi
Congratulations to the winners; you’ll be hearing from me soon! And a big thank you to all the participants for making this contest a big success.
Join me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to stay posted on future travel contests.
Welcome to my blog, The Shooting Star. I’ve been called a storyteller, writer, photographer, digital nomad, “sustainability influencer,” social entrepreneur, solo traveller, vegan, sustainable tourism consultant and environmentalist. But in my heart, I’m just a girl who believes that travel – if done right – has the power to change us and the world we live in.
I didn’t want to participate, but I was tempted to! Congratulations Shivya on accomplishing a milestone of 10,000 fans!
Congrats Shivya for achieving another big milestone. Wish you the best for future.
Hey Shivya, Congrats for achieving another big milestone and wish you the best for future !
Cheers Lady!!:)..So what’s next? 20,000?
Reblogged this on aadildesai.
wooohoo! that’s a long journey indeed. Congratulations and keep doing what you do <3
Great to see your record likes and followers on Twitter and Facebook, may your tribe increase!!!
Congrats Shivya!You are an inspiration for many ! Keep doing the great work!
Hey I participated…now finger crossed.. 😉 ,,& congratulation for the big success 🙂
Congrats Shivya for another milestone..way to go..I have submitted my entry but missed updating complete email address there..
10,000 likes.. a big deal girl… go on and be an ideal for millions of girls…
You are my inspiration. Hope you like what I’ve written. God bless you Shivya with many more travels, success and happiness. 🙂
Congrats Shivya. And thanks for this wonderful contest.
Congratulations, Shivya!! You know there’s many more ‘000 milestones lined up in the near future 🙂 Wish you the best of everything!
Congrats 2 U Shivya! More power to U! 🙂 May God bless!
Reblogged this on GLOBETROTTING INDIAN and commented:
A 3 days 2 nights stay at ‘Once a 19th century hunting lodge, Lakshman Sagar’ or A 3 days 2 nights stay ‘Under the yellow rooftops of Te Aroha’ or Having a sublime calendar with some cool travel photos – will be a great idea. It will be more awesome if these are going to be FREE! I wish to bring you an appealing travel contest by Shivya Nath – a wonderful travel blogger who try to motivate everyone to step out of their comfort zone and discover the world.
Ever since I came across her blog the-shooting-star.com I was closely following her journeys throughout. Follow her and you will find her as a bunch of inspirations.
The contest starts on February 11, 2015 and ends on February 22, 2015. Winners will be announced by the end of February. Don’t miss this chance to find yourself in an eco-luxury lodges in India all for free.
I’ve never been much good at saying what I want but I’m getting better at it… I WANT TO GO TO INDIA! Shivya – I love what you do here on Shooting Star. Maybe you could support my new blog – launched today! http://lightweight.life/
Hey congratulation Shivya !
You deserve it my fellow Nomad!
keep wondering and exploring.
It isn’t a surprise. It is obvious! 🙂 anyway congratulations and good luck for more!!
I have submitted my entry . Lets see if iI win something !
Excellent! May the calendar gods shine on you and make trips more soul satisfying with each passing year.
Congratulations Shivya…kudos to your spirit of adventure… you are trulytruly-a free spirit.
wow Shivya! great way to celebrate 🙂 And I am glad to be a part of those thousand followers of your blog. You take me on an armchair trip every time you post on your blog, keep the coming! 😀
Reblogged this on Clueless Scribbling and commented:
Want a free Vacation!? Well, who doesn’t. Enter this contest, I just did.
congrats… i also left my job last year to travel. started a photography firm and loving it. Your blogs are real help… keep the good work up.
Waiting badly for the results!!! 🙂
Waiting for the results Shivya!
And yes, Welcome back to India 🙂
Congrats to all the winners. Too bad I couldn’t even manage to come in quickest 50 🙁
Pingback: I Travel Because… | The Shooting Star
its real or not any person wine ??????