BIG NEWS: I hit 10,000 likes on my Facebook page, and 12,000 followers on Twitter – both in the same week! Right from the days when I was a vulnerable little fish in the big travel blogging ocean (which I still am, but just a little less vulnerable), my community of readers, travellers and dreamers – aka YOU – have been my backbone. It is to you that I turn to in happy days and not-so-happy ones, and for that I thank you!
Now it’s time for me to give you a little something back. So I reached out to my favorite eco-luxury lodges in India and partnered with them to offer you a chance to win two unforgettable stays. Ready to hit the road?
WHAT YOU COULD WIN
1) 3 days – 2 nights stay with meals for two at LAKSHMAN SAGAR, Rajasthan.
Once a 19th century hunting lodge, Lakshman Sagar is perhaps India’s most creative expression of eco-luxury. Live like royalty on Rajathan’s untouched countryside, surrounded by the Aravalis; a bucket list experience. Read about my stay at Lakshman Sagar here.
2) 3 days – 2 nights stay with breakfast for two at TE AROHA, Uttarakhand.
Under the yellow rooftops in a fairytale Kumaoni village, this is a place of love, perfect to lose yourself in the Himalayas. Read about my stay at Te Aroha here.
3) 50 exclusive “The world from the lens of The Shooting Star” calendars, created by AdventureN.
AdventureN is an up and coming community of adventure seekers. In autumn 2014, they collaborated with me to produce a calendar for their travel clients, featuring photos and recommendations for each month of the year! I haven’t seen it yet (how long have I been away from India?), but I hope when you’re sitting at your desk, it will inspire you to travel.
HOW DO YOU WIN
Scroll down and fill the contest form to enter.
I’ve tried to create an opportunity for everyone – whether you’re creative, lucky or just passionate about travel.
Here’s how you win each prize: Fastest fingers first: The first 50 entries in the contest will receive a copy of the AdventureN calendar. Lucky draw: All entries will be entered in a lucky draw and one lucky winner (picked on random.org) will win a stay at Te Aroha. Creativity: The most creative entry (chosen by yours truly) will win a stay at Lakshman Sagar.
The contest starts on February 11, 2015 and ends on February 22, 2015. Winners will be announced by
the end of February early March.
And as always, be nice and share the
wanderlust contest on your social networks!
ENTER THE CONTEST
UPDATE: This contest is over. Thanks for the overwhelming response!
THE LEGAL STUFF
- The winner must be at least 18 years old and can be a resident of any country.
- Only one entry per person is allowed. Participants with multiple entries will be disqualified.
- This contest is a celebration of my Facebook and Twitter communities. To be eligible to enter the contest, you must follow @shivya on Twitter or like The Shooting Star on Facebook.
- The first 50 participants to enter the contest will receive a calendar from AdventureN. Entering the correct address in the Contest Form is the sole responsibility of the participant.
- All participants will be entered into a lucky draw, and one winner will be randomly picked to win the stay at Te Aroha. No disputes will be entertained.
- The most creative entry, as judged by Shivya Nath, will win the stay at Lakshman Sagar. No disputes will be entertained and my decision will be final.
- Lakshman Sagar: The prize includes a two nights stay for 2 people, inclusive of meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) at Lakshman Sagar in Pali, Rajasthan. The prize is subject to availability, and can be availed only in September, October or between November 15 to December 15, 2015.
- Te Aroha: The prize includes a two nights stay for 2 people, in a deluxe room, inclusive of breakfast at Te Aroha in Dhanachuli, Uttarakhand. Please note that all taxes are payable by the winner. The prize is subject to availability, can be availed only within 3 months of the contest result announcement, not valid on long weekends and other national holidays and cannot be clubbed with any other promotion; the Te Aroha management retains absolutely discretion in this regard.
- The winner is responsible for transport, flights, visas, activities, insurance, alcohol, personal expenses and anything other than the inclusions mentioned above.
- The prizes can be claimed and used only by the named winner, are non-transferrable, and cannot be sold for cash.
- The winner absolves Lakshman Sagar, Te Aroha, AdventureN / Citius, The Shooting Star and Shivya Nath of any and all liability regarding accidents, mishaps, issues with courier delivery, issues with reservations, bookings and the accommodations, and any unforeseen circumstances before, during or after the trip.
- Changes to the contest terms, prizes or mechanism can be made at the sole discretion of The Shooting Star and Shivya Nath.
[Update: 6th March, 2015]
Thanks everyone for your enthusiastic participation! I had an incredibly tough time picking a winner in the creativity category from among a whopping 667 entries. Some of the entries were so inspiring that it broke my heart for not being able to pick more than one winner. So I reached out to the awesome folks at AdventureN and they agreed to give away 10 more calendars to the 10 most creative entries 🙂
Lakshman Sagar: Zainab Kakal
Winning entry: I travel because…”the more I learn about the universe outside me, the more I immerse myself in the universe inside.”
Te Aroha: Ameya Nagarajan
Calendars by AdventureN
María José Mata Olay
Jayanth K. Ajay
Subodh Chandra Subedi
Congratulations to the winners; you’ll be hearing from me soon! And a big thank you to all the participants for making this contest a big success.
Welcome to my blog, The Shooting Star. I’ve been called a storyteller, writer, photographer, digital nomad, instagrammer, social entrepreneur, solo traveller, vegan, sustainable tourism consultant and environmentalist. But in my heart, I’m just a girl who believes in the transformative power of travel.