1. The first quarter of your life is behind you. Let’s keep assuming you’ll live to be a 100. Live your best life.
2. Apply the 80-20 rule to life. Spend 80% of your time with 20% of the people who matter most.
3. May some things never change. Like you obsessing over your blog stats.
4. Sometimes, you’ve just got to take the shit people throw at you & move on.
5. By now, you should have said at least once in your life, “There’s no where else I’d rather be, and nothing else I’d rather be doing.” And meant it.
6. It’s not all downhill from here. ‘Life begins at 30’ might just be true.
7. It’s okay to lie for a good cause.
8. We’re past the Gandhian era. If life bitch-slaps you, don’t offer your other cheek.
9. If you don’t wake up every morning just for a glance outside your window, you better be panicking. Life is too short to live in an ugly place.
10. What good is your money if it can’t make you happy?
11. As people get richer, they get stingier. Poor & big-hearted is better than rich & stingy.
12. The difference between a good day & bad day is just a moment. Find yours.
13. On some days, create that moment for someone else.
14. Think BIG. Always.
15. Life is too short to watch someone else live your dream. Look elsewhere.
16. Just because everyone does it, doesn’t mean it needs to be done.
17. Just because everyone says it, doesn’t mean you should too.
18. Allow space for your principles to evolve. It’ll make you a better person.
19. Once you’re dead, it doesn’t matter what your grave says.
20. Don’t obsess over what people think of you. Judge yourself.
20. Take risks. What’s the worse that could happen?
21. Treasure good friends. They only come along a few times in a lifetime.
22. You are the only one stopping yourself from the next best thing.
23. Is today the day you’ll try something new?
24. Treat yourself to some chocolate every once in a while.
25. Why so serious?
PS: I’ll be bordering 25 in 2 years. It’s never too early to share the wisdom 🙂
What would you say to your future self?
INTRODUCING EXCLUSIVE STORIES – DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX ONCE A WEEK
Welcome to my blog, The Shooting Star. I’ve been called a storyteller, writer, photographer, digital nomad, instagrammer, social entrepreneur, solo traveller, vegan and environmentalist. But in my heart, I’m just a girl who travels!