Bonjour! Christmas has come early, and after making you extremely jealous of my recent trip to
paradise Mauritius, and after receiving threats to be blocked from Facebook newsfeeds and un-followed on Twitter for sharing such tempting pictures, I’ll be playing Santa. Thanks to Le Meridien Ile Maurice, who have kindly offered to sponsor a stay for one of my readers at the beachside paradise they’ve created in Mauritius.
What Do You Win?
– A four nights stay for TWO in a deluxe room at Le Meridien Ile Maurice.
– Complimentary breakfast & dinner.
– Water sports activities: Water Skii, Glass Bottom Boat, Kayaks, Pedalos, Snorkelling, Windsurfing and Aquagym.
– Access to the Hydrotherapy room for Jacuzzi, Steam & Sauna at Explore Spa.
– Yoga Sessions (thrice a week) at Explore Spa.
– Access to the fitness centre at Explore Spa.
– Free Wi-fi in the lobby area of Le Meridien Ile Maurice, so you can share live updates and make the rest of us jealous!
Okay, let’s add some visuals to the awesomeness of this prize, shall we?
How Do You Win?
It’s easy really. There are three simple steps to enter the contest, and then you pray to lady luck.
1. Like the Le Meridien Ile Maurice Facebook Page.
2. Like The Shooting Star Facebook Page.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of this page and answer 4 simple questions via the form.
Hint: Answers to the questions can be found on Le Meridien Ile Maurice’s website and among my facebook page updates & tweets. While the contest is on, I’ll also constantly be slipping in the answers through my blog posts, Facebook updates and tweets.
Now this ain’t part of the winning criteria, but it’ll be awesome if you can share this contest with your friends through your social networks, link it to your blog if you have one, and help me spread the word. The more entries I get, the more I know that you (yes you), would like me to source more of such awesome prizes for you!
Dates to Note
The last date to enter the contest is 7th October, 2012. The contest will close by midnight.
Winners will be announced through my blog. The best way to stay posted on whether you’ve won is to subscribe to my email updates (on the top right corner of the blog). The winner must contact me by email within a week of the announcement to receive the victory voucher, which can be used all the way until September 2013.
The winner shall be given the honor of being interviewed on my blog about his/her free stay in Mauritius. It is an honor, right?
The Legal Mumbo Jumbo.
- The winner must be at least 18 years old and could be a resident of any country.
- Only one entry per person is allowed. Participants with multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Participants who have liked both Facebook pages and submit correct answers to all four questions will be shortlisted into a lucky draw, and one winner will randomly be picked. No disputes will be entertained.
- The prize includes a four nights stay for 2 people in a deluxe room at Le Meridien Ile Maurice, complimentary breakfast & dinner, water sports activities (Water Skii, Glass Bottom Boat, Kayaks, Pedalos, Snorkelling, Windsurfing and Aquagym), access to the Hydrotherapy room for Jacuzzi, Steam & Sauna at the Explore Spa, Yoga Sessions (thrice a week) at Explore Spa, access to the fitness centre at Explore Spa, and free Wi-fi in the lobby area of Le Meridien Ile Maurice.
- The validity of the booking voucher will be until 30th September 2013 (excluding 22 December 2012 to 02 January 2013) and bookings will be subject to availability.
- Reservation requests must be sent to email@example.com and the winner must hand over the prize voucher upon check-in at the hotel.
- The cost of any upgrades and activities other than those mentioned above must be borne by the winner.
- All flights, visas, transport and extensions are the responsibility of the winner.
- The winner absolves me of any and all liability regarding accidents, mishaps, issues with reservations, bookings & the hotel, and any unforeseen circumstances before, during or after the trip.
- The contest deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of The Shooting Star and Le Meridien Ile Maurice.
So Go On, Enter The Contest Remember to like the Facebook pages to make your entry eligible to win.
Good luck, keep your fingers, toes and everything else crossed, and spread the word among your friends!
UPDATE: This contest is now CLOSED. Results will be announced soon.
UPDATE: The contest results have been announced here. Congrats to the lucky winner!
Welcome to my blog, The Shooting Star. I’ve been called a storyteller, writer, photographer, digital nomad, “sustainability influencer,” social entrepreneur, solo traveller, vegan, sustainable tourism consultant and environmentalist. But in my heart, I’m just a girl who believes that travel – if done right – has the power to change us and the world we live in.