The more I travel, the more passionate I feel about sustainable travel, veganism, wildlife conservation, environment protection and women empowerment.
I’ve partnered with organisations whose work I admire, and leveraged my travel blogging and social media skills to drive the following “passion projects”:
I LOVE SPITI
An initiative to create awareness and alternatives for plastic bottled water in the Spiti Valley of India, with an aim to reduce non-biodegradable plastic waste.
About the project: In 2017, I partnered with Spiti Ecosphere and fellow travellers/volunteers to fight the plastic bottled water (packaged drinking water) menace in India’s Trans-Himalayan region.
- Built a lifesize “I Love Spiti” art installation using discarded plastic bottles to encourage travellers to pledge to say no plastic bottles
- Held the world’s highest Instagram Meet to highlight the issue and discuss solutions
- Began the conversation with local businesses to provide alternatives to bottled water
- Partnered with LifeStraw to experiment with public refill stations across Spiti
- Project featured on Hindustan Times, The Better India and Scoopwhoop
VOICES OF MUNSIARI
A project to enable rural Himalayan storytellers to connect directly with the world through Instagram – resulting in India’s first Instagram channel run entirely by a village community.
- Trained potential photographers from rural Uttarakhand villages to use Instagram constructively.
- Held a Photography and Instagram Workshop in Munsiyari to encourage more budding photographers.
- Crowd-sourced smartphones to enable more creative minds to share their stories using Instagram.
- Currently planning a photography exhibition to showcase the work of rural Himalayan photographers.
- Project featured on Times of India, Conde Nast Traveller, Homegrown, The Better India and Business Insider.
An attempt to shed light on animal cruelty, and share the joys and challenges of travelling as a vegan.
About the project: Since I decided to embrace veganism in my diet and lifestyle, I feel passionate about spreading awareness about the plight of animals that regularly make it to our dinner tables, wardrobes and travel attractions.
- Initiated “VeganSundayChallenge” on Instagram Stories to talk about veganism in the context of travel, life, the environment and our health
- Spoke at the Ahimsa Fest – Mumbai’s annual vegan festival – and other reader events to raise awareness
- Wrote stories about veganism for National Geographic Traveller, GQ, FirstPost and Travel+Leisure.
- Currently approaching widely-read publications for stories around vegan travel and the vegan lifestyle
SOLO TRAVELLER (ASIA) SERIES
A blogging series to share the journeys of intrepid solo travellers from across Asia – typically under-represented in the online solo travel space.
PARTNER WITH ME
If you’d like to collaborate with me to further one of the above causes, especially in a way that I can leverage my blogging and social media work, I would love to hear from you at email@example.com.