Contest: Win 2 Nights at Te Aroha, Dhanachuli!
Two weeks ago, I rekindled my love affair with Kumaon. From my attic at Te Aroha (Read: Te Aroha: Under The Yellow Rooftops), in the charming little village of Dhanachuli, I witnessed the majesty of the Himalayas. And so did some of you, through my blog, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You said you couldn’t wait to stay here yourself, so I managed to score it for you! Here’s your chance to win a stay at Te Aroha, and experience its poetic love in person.
Update (Aug 21): The results are out! Mini drumroll please…. The winner is Renuka Singh (@renns20). Congrats Renuka, hope you love your stay at Te Aroha as much as I did. Everyone else, thank you for your overwhelming response to this contest. Stay tuned for more giveaways in the near future!
WHAT DO YOU WIN?
A 3 days – 2 nights stay for two, in a room of your choice at Te Aroha in Dhanachuli, Uttarakhand. The prize is inclusive of breakfast, subject to availability, and must be claimed before 30th November, 2013.
HOW DO YOU WIN?
To enter the contest, you must do three things: Leave a comment on this post, describing in 15 words or less, what you imagine the Te Aroha experience to be like. “Like” the Te Aroha Facebook page. “Like” The Shooting Star Facebook page. Simple, right?
[Update: This contest is now closed and only entries before 11:59 pm on August 17th will be entered into the lucky draw.]
HOW WILL THE WINNER BE PICKED?
My last contest excluded people who weren’t bloggers and writers. And I promised that won’t happen again.
So all eligible participants (who describe what they think the experience will be like in the comments, and are fans of both Facebook pages) will be entered into a lucky draw, and the winner will be picked at random. Pray to the Excel gods!
The contest starts on Saturday, August 3rd and ends on Saturday, August 17th.
The winner will be announced by August
As always, it’ll be great if you share this contest on your social networks, and with your friends and family. That will not only increase your chances of winning, but also help me source such awesome contests for you in the future!
THE LEGAL STUFF
- The winner must be at least 18 years old and a resident of any country.
- Only one entry per person is allowed. Participants with multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Participants who have liked both Facebook pages and submitted their answer in the comments section of this blog post will be shortlisted into a lucky draw, and one winner will randomly be picked. No disputes will be entertained.
- The prize includes a two nights stay for 2 people, in a room of the winner’s choice at Te Aroha, Dhanachuli, Uttarakhand, on twin-sharing basis and inclusive of breakfast. Please note that taxes on the breakfast are payable by the winner.
- The validity of the booking voucher will be until 30th November 2013 and bookings will be subject to availability.
- Reservation requests must be sent to email@example.com, in advance of the winner’s travel.
- All meals (including tax on the breakfast), activities, travel to and from Te Aroha, and other personal expenses are the responsibility of the winner.
- The winner absolves Te Aroha, The Shooting Star, and Shivya Nath of any and all liability regarding accidents, mishaps, issues with reservations, bookings and the hotel, and any unforeseen circumstances before, during or after the trip.
- The contest deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of The Shooting Star and Te Aroha.
Good luck, get cracking!
Any contributions to my travel fund (in kind or otherwise) will be highly appreciated!
This post was written by Shivya Nath and originally published on The Shooting Star travel blog.