I’m penning this post at Chiang Rai airport, as I wait to board a long flight to Mauritius. Bidding goodbye to the verdant rice paddies of Northern Thailand for the dreamy blue waters of the Indian Ocean almost feels like a “normal” thing to do now. But every once in a while, I feel the need to pinch myself to believe that this – a life of epic adventures on the road – isn’t a dream!
When I look back at my journey as a travel blogger, there is one thing I know played a significant role: I travelled. Every chance I got. I took on every freelance job to make money. I cut down on shopping to save money. And I entered every travel contest I stumbled upon.
That is why I feel excited every time I come across an incredible travel opportunity for my readers – especially when it involves a trip with Lufthansa to California, a part of the world I briefly but surely fell in love with!
What do you win?
A round-trip Lufthansa flight and a 4 nights stay in San Jose, California – nicknamed the “Capital of Silicon Valley”. That means you could get a taste of California’s Bay Area, explore San Francisco, and witness the fog rolling in at the famous Golden Gate Bridge. The rolling vineyards of Napa Valley, the nightlife of Vegas, the unearthly landscapes of the Grand Canyon and the scenic Pacific Coast Highway will be right at your doorstep. I can’t think of a better chance to explore America’s West Coast!
How to enter the contest?
Enter Lufthansa’s Destination Rendezvous by logging in on Facebook or Google, and get ready to play with California’s maps and your memory:
- The game is split into 3 levels, each with a map of a Lufthansa destination in California. Each map has empty spots that you can click for pop-up clues, and each clue matches the image of an attraction on the right.
- The aim is to match the images with the right spot / clue on the map, by dragging it onto the correct spot on the map.
- The faster you finish each map, the more points you score.
- At the end of the game, the top scorers are entered into a lucky draw to win that coveted trip to California!
Even if you don’t win, the game is such fun. I spent a few hours playing it, testing my memory, and realizing how bad I am with maps. My highest score so far was 259; challenge me?
Tips and Tricks
- If you drag an image to the wrong spot on the map, it flies back to the right column. That means you can’t complete a map wrong, but you do lose time.
- You can play the game multiple times. The map and spots remain the same, but the order of the images changes.
- You can score bonus points by referring friends at the end of the game.
Things to remember
- The contest ends on 30th June 2016. Don’t wait till the last minute!
- The contest is only open to Indians who are residents of India. The winning flight must originate from a Lufthansa destination in India.
- Read the rest of the terms and conditions.
Go enter the contest, and let me know if you win! All the best.
If you win, what would you most like to do in California?
Note: This post is written in collaboration with Lufthansa.
Welcome to my blog, The Shooting Star. I’ve been called a storyteller, writer, photographer, digital nomad, instagrammer, social entrepreneur, solo traveller, vegan, sustainable tourism consultant and environmentalist. But in my heart, I’m just a girl who believes in the transformative power of travel.